artists and dated
Brokoff Family Workshop
planned date of completion of the restoration
end of the 2019 year
This statue of St Philip Neri (originally a statue of St John Sarkander) was made in 1715 in the Brokoff family workshop of Prague. The saint’s figure positioned on a tall pedestal is complemented by an inscribed cartouche with a pair of putti. The anticipated reconstruction and restoration will return to this valuable specimen of Baroque sculpture located in a highly visible site its original aesthetic qualities, a visual upgrade essential to its spectator impact.